Monday, June 8, 2009

Making my home sing monday

Making your home sing Mondays


Well what is making your home sing this week, at Moms The Word it is Details.. read more HERE

Now to my home, what is making my home sing, WE finally got the ceilings in our little boys new bedroom textured and they are drying.That means after sanding off the over spray and priming the walls i can PAINT.. YAY..that is making my heart sing. I cant wait till we are finished with all the construction and my home can really sing.. Im also using the help from my sister while she is here this week to do a good old fashion spring cleaning.. that means lifting up the furniture and washing windows. replacing batteries in the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Also giving back is making my home sing..Friday night we walked at Relay for life in one of the two neighboring counties for a family friends little boy Jake who passed away from neuroblastoma in December, and this Friday we are participating in the other counties relay for life. Being that my dad passed away from cancer four years ago Thursday and Jake was a wonderful little guy with a wonderful family. I feel it is worth my time and effort to support. I hate cancer. and the sooner we can find a cure the fast we can save innocent kids like Jake. and happy healthy children make my home sing. Hope your home is singing.

3 comments:

  1. Good job walking the Relay for Life. My BIL passed away last year from pancreatic cancer...I'm with you, cancer needs to be stopped.

    Congratulations on getting the bedroom ceiling done...don't you feel accomplished?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful that you're teaching your kids the importance of participating in events like Relay for Life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome of you to do that. My brother is fighting cancer and it's just an awful disease. I'm sorry you lost your dad to it. I lost mine to heart disease, he was a smoker and it damaged his heart beyond repair. If he had stopped smoking after his first heart attack at 55, the doctor said that it wouldn't have damaged his heart so badly.

    Anyway, I'm glad your sis is there to help you! Have a lovely time and thank you for joining us. I was able to add your link!

    ReplyDelete