Monday, April 13, 2009

Making my home sing Monday!!

Making your home sing Mondays

I got this idea and the button above from Moms The Word blog, How i am making my home sing today is by purging my 3yr olds toy boxes, She just had a birthday party on Saturday so I removed all the old toys she does not play with anymore or the broken ones and divided them up. Some go to little brother others to trash and some to save and donate pile. Then i gave the kids room a good ole scrubbing and linen changing.I also purged the toy box in the living room, it seems more and more toys are brought in from the kids room to the living room and in my own laziness i just pile them in the crate instead of returning them to their room because it is normally after everyone has gone to bed when i do my best cleaning and if turn on the light or drop something i don't want to wake them up , I REALLY enjoy my alone time between 10:30 p.m.and midnight to read , crochet , blog.. ect. Also today i m trying a homemade soap recipe i got from Here im useing #4. i got the idea from a blog called Evening Shade Morning Latte which i follow her recipe is slightly different from the one im useing, Im also sew on some home made cloth diapers for my little boy and the baby on the way.I find it much more frugal to make them as the flannel i purchased at my local walmart is $2.49 a yard and i can make 4 diapers out of a yard, i line them with a terrycloth wash cloth 18/$3.88 also at wm and coverthem with a scrap of the left over flannel. Im just learning to sew, and the first few arent pretty but i figure hey in the near future they are goin to be holding poop who cares what they look like right? but if you Dont sew this blog call The Cloth Diaper Whisperer , they have all kinds of diapers and covers and great advice as well. I guess i should Stop blogging and Start making my meat loaf, mashed potato's and corn on the cob and rolls for supper. Maybe that will make my husband sing as well..
Hope you all have a good day .

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'm toying with making soap soon, too! How fun does that sound? I must admit to being far past the diaper stage, but I'm impressed as all get out at you guys who make your own. That is impressive...


    Lightening your toy load is a good thing...I had a friend who hid most of the toys and then put the toys on a rotation. That way, all the toys that were out got played with and when they weren't getting played with, they got put away and "new" toys came out. It was actually really clever of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the days of their rooms being overrun with toys, lol! I'll bet it looks great in there. Great job!

    Let me know how the soapmaking turns out. I've been wanting to try it but haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete