Sunday, January 3, 2010

making your home sing monday

Making your home sing Mondays

My home is not really doing much at all.. we received six inchs of snow the past day or so and so there are a ton of wet sox, goves and snow suits draped over the shower curtin rod drying and muddy tracks in the entryway , a pile of wet wood in my utility room next to the furnace, there are empty bowls that contained snow ice creme in the sink , I am curled up under a blanket while the kids are sloshing cups of hot chocolate all over my furniture and floor and eating freshly baked cookies and watching cartoons on t.v. while i crochet and blog.. I Love how the "mess" makes this house look like a well lived in home and all the love that is radiating from it.Maybe Later I'll run the kids to their room to pick it up and clean up this mess but right now im just enjoying having everyone around. Hope your homes are singing .. read HERE for more Mondays!

2 comments:

  1. Amen, girl! Picking up before bed is always an awesome idea, but you gotta take time to live in the moment too.

    I had times where it was hard for me to let the kids make a mess, but I knew that it was important to have fun and enjoy being together. I also knew that it would be cleaned up before long!

    Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect day to me. Cleaning will always be there, but kids grow up and snow melts!

    ReplyDelete