Thursday, December 24, 2009

TOTAL FRUSTRATION!!!!!!!

OH were to start...I went to my ob doctor today for my check up. Everything health wise is Fine with little Ellie and my self .. My problem is with my doctor. A little history .. my first husband and i had a still born baby at 27 weeks. so every time im pregnant i get a little nervous.. especially this time when I have several complications. I have a COMPLETE PLACENTAL PREVIA, I have Pre-eclampsia again this time it is mild so far, I developed a Rash called PUPPP.It itches like crazy!!! I also have had SEVERAL bouts of preterm labor that required meds to stop my labor. Last Friday night I woke up in the middle of the night and need to use the bathroom and Discovered I was bleeding . That CAN BE a BIG deal with my complications..so off to the labor and delivery we got to make sure everything is ok .They take blood and urine the normal stuff.. the on-call doc ordered a ultrasound to rule out a few things like a abrupt ion , and to check my fluid and the baby and placenta's position.. Everything turned out to be FINE. other than having a UTI infection and being dehydrated. they gave me antibiotics and some saline and sent me home after 7 hrs.. so Monday morning I call my doctors office to let them know I had a u.s at the hosp. and If i need to come in for my appointment today and IF they wanted to proceed with the u.s i was scheduled to have today and that  I was still bleeding and had some and cramping .. I left the nurse a voice mail and Monday went by NO ANSWER!! so Tuesday morning i called again asked to speak to the nurse.. i was asked if i wanted her voice mail and i declined say NO i need to talk to her and she never returned my call yesterday .. so they put me on hold for like 35  minutes finally a annoying sounding nurse comes to the phone, explains why she didn't call me back and that Yes he wanted to see me but NO i wouldn't  be having another u.s .. OK that is wonderful.. they are expensive anyways. So i get to my appointment to day and the doctor walks in and asked how I m feeling . I told him I am Still a little crampy and spotting some.. He said well OK.. but listen you have to relax and stop worrying so much and STOP calling up here 3 times a day ..I was STUNNED!!! then he did my exam said the baby sounded good I was measuring fine and asked if i had any questions I say yes.. he gave a half smirk and said i figured so but make it quick i dont have time for this ... so i gave him my list and he rolls his eyes and said you really need to calm down a little and i will give you short answers he began answering a few then his phone rings ..HE TAKES THE CALL .. then talks for like five minutes and then finish reading my questions giving me more half assed answers and NO more info that I went in with .. then he tells me he will see me in 2 weeks IF he dont hear from me before then . I told him I know i might tend to be more on edge than a normal mom but that fact that I lost a baby make me worry more he said.. YOU NEED TO GET OVER THAT .. you have had two healthy pregnancies since then and you are fine.. ***HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET OVER HAVING A  DEAD BABY????**** so i left the doctors office crying.. Not only do i feel attacked but like he has NO concern for my worries and dismisses my bodies signals that tell me something isn't right.. I feel as if im just another pregnant woman he has to see and dont care about the health of my baby as long as he gets paid.. I am SO pissed off . I really want to change doctors but dont know if i can or not with being so far along and my insurance. I have ZERO confidence in him and dont feel he has any compassion for my situation.. SO tell me what do you all think and what would you do???

7 comments:

  1. How awful! You need to change doctors. No doctor should treat a patient like that. He works for you. You are paying him. Change is in order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, that is horrible. I don't know what to say! You should definitely look into switching doctors. I don't think I'd ever want to see his face again, let alone allow him to be the first one to touch my newborn baby. UGH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over here from Aloha Friday. Ugh, doctors like this annoy the heck out of me. I would not only leave the practice, but I would report the doctor to your insurance company and beyond. Good luck with your decision and remember you are the one that needs to be comfortable. You have every right in the world to be nervous and ask a million questions if need be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, I agree...you change your doctor, I'm glad during my pregnancy I had christian doctors who really care and nice one. Pray for the right doctor and the Lord will just lead you to the right one, I believe. Just believe and you will receive.
    Blessings to you and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would change doctors. call your insurance company and tell them this docotr is not working out.
    Unless you have an HMO, You can change doctors. Once you find a New one I would not even go back to the other one. Just cancelled the appointment and not make a new one. wouldn't tell them I changed doctors, they probably wont call you for any appointments. And if they do, I would just tell them I do not need there services anymore. No other explinations needed.
    stress can also cause problems in pregnacys, so try to find a doctor who will not cause any more stress for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I CANNOT believe that he would do that. One thing to remember is that YOU are the consumer!! You're the one paying the bill and if you wanted to talk 40 times a day, they should welcome you with open arms...cuz that's what they're PAID FOR!!!
    I would NEVER let him get the money for the delivery...I would talk to another doctor, tell him your past experience with losing a baby, tell him you are very unhappy with your current OB and ask if he will be willing to take you and deliver your baby!! Then I would never call them back again. I have such an issue when medical professions treat patients like they are being crazy...it's they're job to tell us all the info we need to make us calm. Also, the most important thing you can do is to follow the signs of your body and listen to your body...that's the best way you know what is going on with you and your baby.
    I will pray for you with whatever decision you make and will be hoping that you are able to switch doctors...you deserve better...remember, you are the consumer. Anything you want, you should get...you're paying the bill!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry this happened to you - it's indefensible and inexcusable! I'd call your insurance company for the name of another doc in the plan and then go for a consult a.s.a.p. Listen to your gut. Your instincts are powerful signals.

    ReplyDelete