Sunday, October 18, 2009

Making your home sing Monday..

Making your home sing Mondays



Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday meme! Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). My point with each Monday post is, what are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing?

Well "mom's" post about over sleeping must have been written to me.I'm am the night owl mom who is up till 2-3am then sleeps till around 7 gets my 3 yr old up , dressed for school so daddy can take her and then hops back in bed till about 11am.. and sometimes i take a nap in the afternoon when my 22 month old does.. he is a late sleeper.. but I get A LOT done after they go to bed.. I mop and put away my laundry .. I can so much done with out a bunch of munchkins wreaking havoc .. But i love them.. now on to my post..

My house is SINGING.. I guess I am nesting.. IS it to early to be nesting at 23 weeks? YES i know I am on bed rest BUT.. even though my sister is doing some to help she doesn't do it MY way .. So starting Thursday I began CLEANING.. I rearranged my kids room (they share) threw away 3 bags of broken toys, torn books and etc out of their room.. changed the sheets, and sorted
and organized their toys.. did good sweep, vacuum and deep mopping of their floor.. and lay ed all the hard toys out and sanitized them and put all the stuffed animals in the dryer to kill anything on them and then fa-breezed the room.. then i swept and mopped the hall and sorted the dirty laundry in the bathroom, cleaned out from under the sink .. scrubbed the toilet and tub and sink and counter, refilled the toilet paper holder.. replaced the hand towels dusted the shelf above the toilet and wash four loads of laundry washed dried and put away.. the you know that MASSIVE pile of clean laundry Ive been blogging about for the last few months.. YES *GASP * It is all folded and put away.. Ive organized the kitchen , pantry and Swept and mopped . and the living room and I vacuumed the bedroom and changed our sheets and I even found time to sew up a few cloth diapers for Ellie . I even did more purging of the dresser drawers and brought in more winter and baby clothes to fill them up .. Now .. i still have a baby blanket to finish crocheting and more laundry to wash and dry but for the most part this house is FINALLY in order.. maybe this week i will rest some.. I have a doctors appointment on Thursday.
Hope you all have a good week. and get alot acomplished.. maybe i will go to bed early tonight like MIDNIGHT..lol..

4 comments:

  1. I'm still trying to figure out when you did bedrest, lol! Good grief girl, you sure sound like you're nesting! You did alot! Wow.

    I am not much of a night owl, but I often stay up till midnight. I know one gal who says up til 2 or 3 (or 4) in the morning, and then she sleeps till 1:00. Her kids are older and just get themselves up and ready in the morning without her. I wouldn't like that, but she doesn't seem to mind.

    I'm glad you joined us today but hope that you find some time to relax this week and take it easy! Don't work to hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you and I are doing some cleaning to make our house sing! It does help doesn't it?
    So that's what you consider bedrest huh? Do you need me to redefine that for you? LOL
    Blessings,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! I'm tired just reading about it! But I know you must have such a sense of accomplishment. I hope you are able to rest this week. And I am sending up prayers that the doctor's appt goes well! Hope you have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete