Friday, May 14, 2010

Aloha Friday

click here for more Fridays

An Island Life

Welcome to this week’s edition of Aloha Friday. In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too.

Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response. If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link below. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!

So my question this week is .. has anyone else struggled with postpartum depression? I have NO idea why I'm in a "funk"  My marriage is wonderful for the now, i have three beautiful healthy kids, I am doing my dream job by being a stay at home mom, our bills are paid , YET i cant sleep at night , im not hungry , I anger easily, I am SO TIRED all the time and MOODY  dont begin to describe it.. when i called my drs office to ask about something for it he said i would have to come in cause most ppl dont get it this late after the baby is born .>SHE IS BARLEY 3 MONTHS old..but cant afford to go cause i have no insurance. So any advice as to natural things i can do .. I'm still nursing to.. and thanks in advance..

4 comments:

  1. We all go through it. It will pass and you have to remind yourself of that. Good luck.

    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/05/if-you-are-not-giselle-tell-me-an-amazing-fact-about-you/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had postpartum depression many years ago when my second son was born and it was awful. I didn't understand why I felt the way I did. This did not happen with my the birth of my first two children.

    Postpartum depression can last up to three years. It will pass but if you get help it will be easier. If you don't have insurance contact a clinic or see if there is a woman's health center in your area.

    May I also suggest:
    Down Came the Rain: by Brooke Shield's - Her journey
    with Postpartum Depression:
    http://parenting.ivillage.com/newborn/ndepression/0,,7pvl1mhm,00.html

    Maybe you can find this book in your library.


    Sometimes our hormones get a little out of whack after giving birth and help is needed to get them back together.

    Make sure you have someone to talk to about this, that listens with open ears and heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went through it with after my second child. I was also depressed during the first part of that pregnancy too and life at home was not helping. You can tell it's' there. I tried the pills but after a few days just dumped them. I didn't want to become dependent on them or have them change my hormones.

    It's tough. Seek all the help you can get and make a choice as to what you''ll go with

    ReplyDelete
  4. They didn't call it that back when mine were little but there were periods we all went through when we were in a funk- everyone I know did- they used to call it having ups and downs *shrug* not sure if it is the same.

    http://www.myloonyverse.com/2010/05/aloha-friday-if-you-could-choose-one.html

    ReplyDelete